Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just like heaven.


What are your hopes for the future? And this time I don't mean the nearest future, like university or career, I'm talking about when your old and nobody really wants you.
I'm soon eighteen and life has just begun. This is when it's okey to be alone and you're better of without the commitments. But when I'm old, like seventy or eighty years old (If I should be that lucky) I would hate to find myself alone. Most people would I guess. I want to be married with the same guy I chose fourty years ago or something. We're going to sit in our little house with pictures of friends and family covering the walls. We will have pictures in black and white (because those are the best) of ourselves when we were young, and remember how it felt every time we look at them.
Hopefully we'll have children and grandchildren, but that won't be the only thing that matters in our lives. We're gonna go for long walks in the country on sunny days, with big trees on each side of the road. We're gonna hold hands and talk about something very random, because we already know the important things.
In the evenings we'll drink tea together on the porch in the summer and by the window in the winter. There will always be a lot of candlelight and every day we'll eat dinner together and maybe our children will come visit us.
And things of great importance; Our music collection together. I believe we'll have more of one cd at occations.
Oh, and at our anniversary he'll give me flowers. Not flowers he's bought but flowers he has picked himself outside, because we got married in the summer ofcourse. In the winter at night, we'll go outside and he'll point out the stars and tell me their names, and we'll have a telescope in the attic ofcourse.
And last but not least, our own room with books only. Books we have bought through the years.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Jeg vet bloggen din er engelsk, men jeg orker ikke engelsk nå, ok?:p
Så kommentarer blir på norsk.

Jeg må si innlegget ditt var SINNSYKT søtt. Det første jeg tenkte på var "A walk to remember" <3 Jeg har også lyst på sånt liv som gammel.. Jeg vil ikke ende opp som en ensom og innskrumpet sviske på gamlehjem.. Egentlig tør jeg ikke tenke så langt frem oO DET skremmer meg faktisk x)

Men BRA blogg:D
LOVE<3

Merete*-' said...

That must be the most adorable thing I've ever read! håper jeg også får noe lingnende, hva som helst så lenge jeg ikke blir en gamle spinster som plukker opp løskatter på gata;]